Where can I buy tickets?
Tickets can be purchased in advance through our website under the "Going" menu. Additionally, some retail locations may also be stocking tickets for purchase in person (TBA closer to the date)
I purchased my tickets online. How will I receive my tickets?
All tickets this year are printed, hard copy tickets. Tickets purchased in advance online will be mailed to you via Canada Express Post. Upon receipt of payment, most orders take 1-2 business days for processing then 1-3 business days for Canada Xpress post shipping, or 1-8 business days for expedited tracked package (carbon neutral) shipping. We do not offer electronic tickets and all pass holders must have the hardcopy ticket(s) with them when they arrive in order to gain admission to the event. Individuals who arrive without the hardcopy ticket will be refused admission or asked to repurchase a new ticket.
Do you offer electronic tickets?
No, due to the fact that we operate in a remote, off-the-grid location, we do not offer electronic tickets at this time. All GA Weekend Pass holders must have their hardcopy ticket(s) with them when they arrive in order to gain admission to the event. Individuals who arrive without their hardcopy ticket will be refused admission or asked to repurchase a new ticket.
I bought tickets but am no longer able to attend the event. Can I get a refund?
As per our terms & conditions we do not offer refunds on any ticket sales. Individuals who are no longer able to attend the event & wish to sell their tickets are welcome to do so via our Future Forest Ticket Exchange Group on facebook.
My ticket was lost, stolen, damaged, or forgotten at home. What is the next step?
You are responsible for your ticket. If your ticket has been lost, stolen, or goes unused, as per our terms & conditions it cannot be replaced or refunded. If the ticket’s barcode is duplicated, removed, or tampered with, the ticket becomes invalid. However, in special circumstances, if you lose your ticket or forget it at home, you can qualify for a refund under these conditions:
- You buy a replacement ticket using the same account or credit/debit card at the gate.
- The original ticket isn’t scanned at the event.
- You email proof of purchase for both tickets to email@example.com. We recommend taking photos of any receipts that you might have in case the receipt is also lost.
- We’ll refund the price of the original unused ticket plus HST. However, credit card fees and shipping costs aren’t refundable.
- There will be a $25 processing fee per order which will be deducted from your refund
If the festival is cut short or canceled due to extreme weather, forest fires, unforeseen natural events, government regulations, or situations beyond our control, we won’t offer refunds. If the festival is postponed, your ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date.
Tickets bought from third parties might not be genuine. To confirm a ticket’s validity or for more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
I wish to sell my ticket. Do I need to transfer the name/any information over to make this transaction complete?
Due to the fact that we use hard copy tickets there is no need to transfer the name/any information over to complete the transaction. The hardcopy ticket and a valid ID is all that is needed to gain admission to the event.
I bought a GA Weekend Pass from a third party seller; how do I buy a Thursday Early Access Pass/Parking Pass/RV Pass?
You can purchase these tickets on our website under the "Going" tab. All online orders will be printed and mailed via Canada Post. There are no electronic tickets this year, and you MUST bring all hardcopy tickets with you when you arrive to gain admission to the event. Additionally, some retail locations may be selling GA Weekend passes, Thursday Early Access passes & Parking passes for pick up in person closer to the date (to be announced on our social media pages)
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, you can select Future Pay (the payment plan option) during the checkout process. Please be advised that you must have a valid credit card in order to do a payment plan. We do not accept e-transfers, or any other method of payment for payment plans and tickets will not be shipped until the payment plan has been completed.
How can I change my method of payment on my payment plan?
You can change your method of payment for your payment plan by logging in to your partial.ly account. Partial.ly is the third party that we use to process the payment plans.
What is a Future Pass?
A Future Pass is a lifetime membership that allows pass holders to connect with other members, reduce the cost of tickets for other Future related events, and apply to all of the applications available on our website. More information about the Future Pass can be found on our website here: https://store.futureforest.ca/product/future-pass-lifetime-membership/
Do I need a Future Pass to buy tickets?
No, a Future Pass is not required to purchase tickets or attend the event.
I have accessibility requirements; what supports do you offer?
At Future Forest Art Experience, we are committed to making our event an accessible and enjoyable experience for everyone. Here are the key features and supports we currently offer for those with accessibility needs:
- Dedicated Accessible Camping (Zone A): We've re-zoned our most central campsites, previously known as park & camp, to prioritize individuals with accessibility or mobility needs. This area is close to essential amenities like the info booth, food vendors, the Tea Hive, and washroom facilities. It's also conveniently located between the Mushroom and Prism Stages.
- Vehicle Accessibility: If you have an accessibility placard for your vehicle, you can park right next to your campsite. This feature eliminates long walks from the parking lot. Camper vans are also allowed in this zone for those who prefer to camp in their vehicle.
- Complimentary Service: Zone A accessible camping is a complimentary service. Please contact our sales department to make an advance reservation at email@example.com to guarantee your spot!
- On-Site Facilities: We provide an accessible portable toilet near Zone A and have trained medical staff on site to assist with any additional needs, including but not limited to refrigeration storage for certain medications. If you have any additional health requirements that you feel our team should be aware of, please reach out to us in advance to help ensure your experience is as seamless as possible.
- The festival is situated in a remote, wooded area, and while we strive to improve accessibility, there are some inherent challenges that we have yet to overcome:
- The camping experience (in general) is considered to be backcountry style, which may not be suitable for all accessibility needs.
- The Nest Stage, which is located at the bottom of a steep hill, is not considered to be wheelchair accessible at this time and may pose additional challenges for those with limited mobility.
- Weather conditions, such as extreme heat, humidity, and potential rain, can affect the accessibility of pathways and dance floors, including the Nest Stage.
- The roads/pathways are not paved.
We are continually working to enhance accessibility and appreciate your understanding as we improve our facilities in future editions of the event. If you have any specific requirements that need to be met in order for you to attend the festival, we encourage you reach out to our support team and we will do our best to assist you as we plan for Future Forest 2024.
Why do we have to pay for parking?
Parking inside the festival is limited. In order to encourage carpooling, maximize space and continually improve parking, we need to charge this fee.
Are the RV lots serviced?
No, all RV lots are unserviced. Our new venue does not have septic or water hookups at this time. RV pass holders who wish to have electrical hookup are permitted to bring their own generator (only allowed in the RV camping area)
What time do the gates open on Friday?
The gates open on Friday at 8am for all General Admission Weekend Pass holders.
Can we arrive early?
General Admission Weekend Pass holders who wish to arrive a day early may also purchase a Thursday Early Access Pass for $70.00. Thursday Early Access passes can be purchased in advance (online) or at the gate (while supplies lasts). Additionally, these passes may also be available for purchase in person at any of our participating retail locations (TBA closer to the date). The gate for Thursday early Access pass holders opens at 8:00 am Thursday and anybody arriving before that time will not be permitted to enter the event. All Thursday Early Access passes MUST be accompanied with a GA Weekend Pass in order to be considered valid.
Can we reserve a campsite?
Unfortunately it is not possible to reserve a specific campsite at this time, however it is possible to purchase an RV/Reserved site for tenting if desired.
Can I leave the campground and return during the festival?
It is possible to leave the campground during the festival; however, we strongly discourage this due to increased traffic, danger to pedestrians and drinking & driving. Also, a $10 per vehicle re-entry fee will be charged.
Do you have an ATM?
Yes, there will be an ATM available on site located by the info booth.
Is camping included with the cost of the ticket?
Yes, camping is included in your ticket price; however, the parking fee is not included.
Can I stay and camp after the festival is over?
Due to cleanup and work being completed after the festival camping is not permitted after the event.
What items are not allowed at the event?
Items that are not allowed at the event:
No campfires or open flames
No fire poi or other fire toys
No smoking by the stages or walkways (bring your own ashtray or container for cigarette butts, or purchase one from the Info Booth)
There is no electricity on site
Generators are not allowed due to hazards and air pollution (except in the RV area)
Bring portable chargers, preferably solar-powered
Absolutely no glass allowed (including alcohol bottles, mix, mirrors, glass cups, etc.)
Glass items will be confiscated at the gate or within the festival
Any illegal substances found will be turned over to the RCMP
Guests in possession of illegal substances will be asked to leave the festival
Note: Cannabis is permitted onsite, but each guest is limited to 1 ounce/person
Bicycles are allowed (please note that the festival site is not flat)
No ATVs, golf carts, drones, or other flying devices
Disposable glow sticks
Weapons or Weapon-like Objects:
If you don't want to worry about it, don't bring it
Consider locking valuable items in the trunk of your car for safekeeping
Synthetic Costume Items:
Do you provide food, or can I bring my own food into the event?
Yes, we we will have a variety of food options available for purchase from one of our many food & beverage vendors located on site.
Individuals who wish to bring their own food, or those with extreme dietary restrictions, are also permitted to bring their own food into the event.
Can I bring a camping stove into the event?
Camping stoves at campsites are permitted but must be attended to at all times when they are in use and must not be used under anything flammable.
What happens if I bring glass?
Individuals who bring glass or other banned items will have those items confiscated from them at the gate.
Will security search my vehicle?
Yes, for safety & security reasons, all vehicles entering the festival will be searched by our security team.
Can I bring my child(ren)?
For 2024 Future Forest will be 18+ only.
Can I bring pets?
No, we have a strict no pet policy.
I’m a musician. How can I apply to play at Future Forest?
Music applications will be open from November 17/23 to January 05/24. All individuals who wish to apply must have a valid Future Pass